• Renault news

Raikkonen not interested in Renault drive

ESPNF1 Staff
October 6, 2010 « Rain forecast for race weekend | »
Kimi Raikkonen: "I can assure you 100% that I will not be driving for them next year" © Getty Images
Enlarge

Kimi Raikkonen has flatly denied speculation that he is in the running for a Renault drive next season.

After the Belgian Grand Prix, Boullier revealed that Raikkonen's management team had approached him about the Finn making a comeback next year. Since then Boullier has continued to play on the talks but has insisted he needs to meet with Raikkonen to confirm the interest.

However, Raikkonen has now clearly outlined his position.

"I am very disappointed with the way they have used my name for their marketing," Raikkonen told Turun Sanomat. "I have never seriously considered driving for Renault, and I can assure you 100% that I will not be driving for them next year."

He added his management contacted Renault once "weeks ago and that is all".

Boullier has recently said the seat is still open to current driver Vitaly Petrov next season if he can sufficiently impress at the final four races.

Renault is also believed to be considering Chinese Ho-Pin Tung, ex-Renault driver Romain Grosjean and Virgin'sFriday tester Jerome d'Ambrosio. Adrian Sutil and Nick Heidfled have also been linked to the seat although neither have spoken publically about it.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk

    ESPN Staff Close