• McLaren news

Button not worried about missing Mugello test

ESPNF1 Staff
April 27, 2012 « Williams, Sauber and Marussia confirm test plans | Grosjean is capable of winning championships - Boullier »
Jenson Button says there will be no massive updates to his McLaren at Mugello © Getty Images
Enlarge
Related Links

Jenson Button is not worried about missing out on the upcoming in-season test at Mugello as McLaren looks set to stick with its original plan to run test drivers Gary Paffett and Oliver Turvey.

The three day test, which will run from Tuesday to Thursday next week, will see all the teams bar HRT take to the Italian circuit for the first in-season test since 2008. Earlier this week, Lewis Hamilton said that he was tempted to pull rank over Paffett and Turvey and test McLaren's latest developments himself, but Button doubts it will make much of a difference.

"The reason why we're not there is because we've never been to Mugello before," he told the Daily Mail. "I don't really think we will be a benefit because there aren't any massive updates to try.

"For the test drivers to put some miles on parts and try some very extreme things, then I think it's good, but it's not necessary for us to be there."

GPUpdate.net reports that McLaren will stick with Turvey and Paffett.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Comments: 7 
ESPN Staff Close