• News

Sutil 'not panicking' over future

ESPNF1 Staff
December 20, 2011 « 'Air of confidence' at Ferrari - Alonso | Learning tyres key for Hulkenberg »
Adrian Sutil was replaced by Nico Hulkenberg at Force India for 2012 © Sutton Images
Enlarge

Adrian Sutil's manager says he is "not panicking" over his future in Formula One, and that he has until the start of testing to find a new team.

Sutil lost his seat at Force India to Nico Hulkenberg last week after Paul di Resta was retained by the team for the 2012 season. It marked the end of five years with the team under various guises, and left Sutil with only one Williams seat as a realistic option for next year. Manfred Zimmermann, however, said that there was plenty of time to reach an agreement with a team.

"We are not panicking," Zimmermann is quoted by Sport1. "We have until February 7, when the tests begin. It would be a strange tactic to give the names of those you are talking to. We will keep quiet with our various options and decide what makes the most sense."

It appears that Sutil is vying with Rubens Barrichello, Bruno Senna and Vitaly Petrov for the seat at Williams, with Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi now also on the market. A report in Auto Motor und Sport links Sutil to a Ferrari drive in 2013, therefore making his a one-year deal his preference for next season.

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Comments: 6 
ESPN Staff Close