- Red Bull news
Teams will follow FIA to Bahrain - Horner
Red Bull boss Christian Horner says the Formula One teams are willing to follow the FIA's guidance over Bahrain and believes the race will definitely happen.
Political unrest in the island kingdom led to last year's race being postponed and then abandoned, and Formula One is now facing a similar problem this year as violence on the streets continues. Last Tuesday marked the anniversary of the original protests and security forces in small villages were again involved in violent exchanges with protestors.
On Wednesday Bernie Ecclestone said he saw no reason not to go to Bahrain and Horner has now said the teams will follow Ecclestone and FIA's decision.
"As far as I'm aware, we're definitely going," Horner was quoted by Reuters. "We rely on the FIA, it's the FIA Formula One world championship, and Bahrain is one of the races on the calendar. They are far better placed to know what the issues are, and we trust their judgement, as we do the promoter, and we'll see how things develop."
"As of today there's a race committed to Bahrain, and therefore we'll be there."
He added that his team would take "all necessary precautions" while in the country between April 19th and 22nd.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk