• Toro Rosso news

Buemi 'very confident' of Toro Rosso future

ESPNF1 Staff
December 12, 2011 « Webber now 'at home' on Pirellis | Vettel 'pushing very hard' for 2012 »
Toro Rosso is expected to name an unchanged line-up for the 2012 season © Sutton Images
Enlarge
Related Links

Sebastien Buemi says that he is "very confident" that he has a future with Toro Rosso in Formula One.

Toro Rosso is yet to announce its 2012 driver line-up as it tries to decide on two drivers from Buemi, Jaime Alguersuari, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne. It's widely believed that the team will stick with the current pairing of Buemi and Alguersuari, and Buemi said that he was preparing himself for another year, while insisting he was not affected by the lack of a decision so far.

"I should have news in the next two weeks," Buemi said. "But I'm very confident. I already have events organised for next year, although confirmation of my place is not there yet. I am continuing to work normally, as I have always done, to prepare for the 2012 season.

"That (the uncertainty) is Formula One and that's what we have to live with - once you're there, you have to be prepared to withstand the pressure."

When asked what his goals were, Buemi said that in the future he was aiming to move in to a team that would give him the opportunity to challenge for race wins.

"To get the best results at Toro Rosso and then to go into a team that will allow me to fight at the front. I am fortunate to be part of Red Bull, which has the world champion team. It means there are opportunities to go further."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk

    ESPN Staff Close