• Red Bull news

Red Bull is prepared - Marko

ESPNF1 Staff
June 22, 2011 « PM eyes French GP return | »
Helmut Marko is confident that the impending bans will not derail Sebastian Vettel's championship bid © Getty Images
Enlarge

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says that the team already has ways to reduce any effect the future bans may have on the RB7.

The FIA has announced that engine mapping changes between qualifying and the race have been outlawed with immediate effect, coming one race before the ban on off-throttle blown diffusers comes in to force. Marko, however, told Servus TV that the team had already reacted to the rulings.

"We would not be Red Bull if we did not already have ideas about how to mitigate the effect (of the ban)," Marko said.

Despite the FIA having already delayed the ban on off-throttle blown diffusers once after the teams expressed potential difficulties, Marko also said that the ban was an attempt to prevent Red Bull running away with the championship, with other innovations such as the double diffuser in 2009 and F-duct in 2010 not outlawed until the end of the season.

"This time it (the ban) seems to be in a hurry. I would say it is about (the dominance of) Red Bull."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Comments: 8 
ESPN Staff Close