• Lotus news

Trulli hints that his Lotus drive is safe

ESPNF1 Staff
November 24, 2010 « Regulation tweaks won't stop Red Bull - Newey | »
Jarno Trulli expects to line-up alongside Heikki Kovalainen at Lotus in 2011 © Sutton Images
Enlarge

Jarno Trulli has hinted that his position at Lotus is secure for 2011.

The team has yet to announce its definite driver line-up for next year and, after a troubled campaign this season, a number of drivers have been linked to Trulli's seat.

Heikki Kovalainen is almost certainly staying at Lotus and Trulli has dropped the biggest hint yet that he will be joining him for a second season with the new team.

"I'll go to the factory in a few days to get ready and prepare the 2011 season chassis, cockpit and seat," he told BBC Radio Norfolk.

He admitted it had been a "tough season" but said he is still motivated to be in Formula One, despite his career moving from stints at Renault and Toyota to the back of the grid now.

"Some performances have been pretty bad compared to what I was used to," admitted Trulli. "But nevertheless I have always tried to get the best out of myself and the car, I've still enjoyed a lot of good fights."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk

    ESPN Staff Close