• Force India news

Criminal complaint filed against Sutil

ESPNF1 Staff
June 23, 2011 « Same mindset for Button | »
Adrian Sutil's seat could be under threat if he is charged © Getty Images
Enlarge

Genii Capital CEO Eric Lux has filed an official legal complaint against Adrian Sutil for grievous bodily harm.

Lux - whose Genii Capital own the Renault team - was left with scarring on his neck following an incident in a nightclub following the Chinese Grand Prix. Sutil had admitted he was involved, but claimed he had "hurt another person completely unintentionally." Lux's lawyers had said before the Spanish Grand Prix in May that he would be filing a complaint, which has now been confirmed.

"There is a pending complaint for grievous bodily harm against Herr Sutil," a spokesman for the prosecutor said.

Sutil told the SID news agency that the complaint would have no impact on his driving, and that he was ready to go to court to defend himself.

"What will happen to me? Why should I lose my seat? This is a private matter, my job is driving," Sutil said. "I'm fine, I am able to focus on my job. I was prepared for whatever was coming, it was just funny that it took so long... We want the truth, absolutely. I hope it will come to light soon. I am ready to defend myself."

Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann previously said that any complaint would be fought, and maintained his belief that Sutil would be cleared of any wrongdoing.

"We are confident the court will come to the conclusion that this was not about Adrian attacking anybody," Zimmermann said.

Team principal Vijay Mallya has previously admitted that if proceedings went any further then Force India would have to take "appropriate action", adding "If and when he's charged, I will assess the situation."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Comments: 4 

Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk

    ESPN Staff Close