- Ferrari news
Ferrari to retain same driver line-up in 2012
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has ended speculation that Felipe Massa's seat may be in danger by confirming the driver line-up will remain unchanged in 2012.
Drivers such as Mark Webber and Jenson Button had been linked to the seat but di Montezemolo moved to quash those rumours on Tuesday.
"Massa and Alonso always bring something more," di Montezemolo told Sky Sports Italia. "Alonso is super, Massa is coming back: I think the drivers are not a problem. This is the time for gossip, but next year's drivers will remain Alonso and Massa."
Fernando Alonso's first victory of the season at the British Grand Prix prompted the Spaniard to comment that the title was still alive and Massa himself also said the title is not beyond the team's reach despite a 92 point deficit. It is a view of optimism shared by di Montezemolo.
"He's right to hope because where there's a will there's a way. We are all disappointed that we weren't where we wanted to be at the beginning of the season and that's why I'm pleased with the Silverstone victory, with a show of superiority that gives us great hope.
"We'll work it all out at the end and meanwhile we'll keep working for next year. We'll count the points at the end. In the meantime we are working with next year in mind too. The victory has certainly come at the right time, after a lot of work. I asked for a great reaction and I thank our men for the effort and the capabilities shown."
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk