• Lotus

Lotus confirms extension of Renault deal

ESPN Staff
February 20, 2014 « Grosjean: Lotus fighting to catch up | Vettel against double points no matter what »
© Sutton Images
Enlarge

Lotus has officially confirmed that Renault will remain as its engine supplier beyond 2014.

The extension of the supply deal comes as little surprise - the Renault power unit is running in the car this week in Bahrain - but it brings an end to negotiations that have been ongoing since last year. Few details were revealed apart from confirmation that the deal will extend beyond this season.

"Lotus F1 Team and Renault Sport F1 have enjoyed a successful partnership these past few years and we look forward to continue to build on our relationship and collaboration in 2014 and beyond," Matthew Carter, Lotus CEO said. "It is the beginning of a new era in Formula One and we are pleased to embrace it together with Renault Sport F1."

Lotus was the Renault factory team until 2010 when Genii Capital completed its take over the team and president of Renault Sport F1, Jean-Michel Jalinier, said the relationship between team and engine supplier remains strong.

"We are pleased to see our partnership officially confirmed as the E22 takes to the track for its first official test. The relationship between Viry and Enstone has gone from strength to strength over the past few years. This is illustrated in no better way than the excellent - and very close - collaboration on the 2014 car, which is more technically complex than any previous designs. We hope this spirit will pay dividends on track this season and going forward into the new F1 technical era."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPN Staff

Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk

    ESPN Staff Close