- Caterham news
Trulli unaware of replacement rumours
Jarno Trulli says that he is unaware of any rumours that he will be replaced at Caterham and insists he is remaining with the team.
Reports have claimed that Vitaly Petrov could be in line for a drive at Caterham, with Trulli the man to be replaced despite signing a new one-year contract last season. However, Trulli told Gazetta dello Sport that his focus remained on pre-season preparations, and that the team had not told him otherwise.
"I have a contract with Caterham and that is that," Trulli said. "I don't know anything about any rumours and the team has not said anything. On Monday I am in the factory for my seat fitting, everything is normal. People keep saying things about NASCAR or Le Mans, but F1 is all I am talking about."
Trulli also said that he was expecting further improvement from the team as it enters its third full season.
"I expect things to be better than in 2011. The base is better, there's more experience, resources, people. We start on the hunt for that championship point we wanted last year and with the objective to fight regularly in the midfield.
"People just don't realise how tough it is to begin from zero. I used to race for Minardi but this is much harder; you just can't make mistakes because they have consequences. But I am confident that we can continue to make improvements over the course of the year."
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Products you might like at espnshop.co.uk